What is HomeCare?
Home health care includes professional support services that allow homebound patients a to receive skilled health care and other services safely in their own home. Professional caregivers such as nurses, aides, and therapists provide short-term or long-term care in the home, depending on a person's needs, which may include:
- aging who need assistance to live independently,
- those managing chronic health issues
- patients recovering from a medical setback
- special needs or disabilities.
The care you need in the place you love…
Home care can be the key to achieving the highest quality of life possible. It can enable safety, security, and increased independence. Home care can also ease management of ongoing medical conditions and help avoid unnecessary hospitalization. It can aid with recovery after an illness, injury, hospital stay or skilled nursing stay—all through care given in the comfort and familiarity of home.
Home care can include:
- help with activities of daily living such as dressing and bathing
- assistance with learning to safely manage tasks around the house
- assistance with medication management
- therapy and rehabilitative services
- short or long term nursing care for an illness, disease, or disability
Who pays for home health care?
When specific qualifications are met (generally, when services are ordered by a physician and a clinical assessment deems them necessary), home health services are typically paid for by:
- Most major insurances
- Private pay
Transcendent HomeCare, LLC will be licensed to provide home health services in Gibson, Warrick, Vanderburgh, Pike and Posey counties in Southwest Indiana, with an initial service area to include Gibson and Warrick Counties.
For more information or to arrange an assessment of your needs, please contact Transcendent's referral hotline at 812-470-1018 or contact Transcendent HomeCare directly at 812-275-1000.